Please, join us in April 2015!
You ask – we listen and obey! – And….when the Universe speaks & suggests later is better…..well, what can we say? Later it is!
Yoga with Mitra will still return to Mexico, but instead of November, doesn’t a wonderful Spring retreat with Mitra in April seem even better?
Why did November get cancelled? Well, first we were blown away with how great our La Ventana resort is, & then, we got blown away – literally.
As you know, three hurricanes blew right through southern Baja one after another this summer; while our resort shrugged off the damage each time within days, the Cabo International Airport didn’t. Remaining closed until well into October, then with only a fraction of flights trickling in, with other questions unanswered – we heard the Universe suggesting “Later!”. So, listening being a virtue, “later” we agreed…
…so join us for a wonderful re-treat with Mitra, Yoga in a UNESCO World Heritage site – La Ventana – “the Window”. See a world here little changed in centuries surrounded by remarkable Natural beauty outside, while we explore our beauty within as we build health, balance & joy as Mitra guides our Integral Yoga practice.
La Ventana is uniquely beautiful – a rustic, off-the-beaten-path fishing village earning its World Heritage designation combining centuries of history with sandy shores and amazing aquatic life beneath the waves. Television found “El Sargento” as Jacque Cousteau’s watery world where he lived for years filming his award-winning “Underwater World of” weekly TV documentaries. Today fishing and water sports compete with vistas and history for world class fun and enjoyment.
We’ll walk and practice on those same beaches where Conquistador Cortez searched for mythical gold guarded by fierce female warriors; you’ll find instead a diverse and alluring community where giant turtles hatch every spring, whales blow mist high over the sandy air, and we’ll watch Orange morning dawns as Mitra guides you toward a more attainable treasure, the personal gold of self-discovery using Yoga punctuated with laughter and ancient insights for strength and health. Where Jacque Cousteau made his home for years, enjoy this eastern Baja cost on the Gulf of California enjoying seven days of uninterrupted Yoga practice with Mitra where she will guide your hand, head and heart to better balance for your body, mind and spirit as you experience a uniquely beautiful world supporting your reflection and renewal.
April here sees the world-class fishing get better as the winds subside from the January to March time when Windsurfers and Kite Surfers enjoy seasonal winds to power their dance over azure waves. As the winds are seasonal, our time should be relatively calm – but if any day sees measurable wind, our resort offers lessons in either windsurfing or kite-surfing for our days not practicing yoga. Whale watching or fishing is also possible, or taking a break to explore Cerralvo Island just a few miles offshore from our resort retreat. Nearby is what naturalists think is the world’s oldest and largest Cacti, and ruins of the Amazon tribe which gave its name forever more to powerful women. If you can linger for an extra day or two, we will arrange visits here and to other areas nearby.
Two easy International Airports are nearby. The more developed Cabo San Lucas (SJD) airport is much more popular than La Paz (LAP) airport. On the southern tip of Baja, Cabo is better developed to serve tourism and will be fully functional again by December – flights there are cheaper and more plentiful; it is easy to rent a car or grab commercial transportation up to La Ventana and the trip takes a little over two hours; we will have a dedicated small van direct to our resort for those that can come in together. La Paz is closer, less than an hour away, but the services there focus on serving locals with a fraction of the flights offered usually at a higher cost. We suggest making it easy on yourself and fly into “Cabo” – (SJD).
Once you arrive at La Ventana, be prepared to rediscover how bright the Milky Way is away from city lights. While fun special events here will tempt you – Outdoor Movies, Dance Parties, and great seafood at local restaurants – every day of Yoga with Mitra will provide a compelling, wonderful “Window” of self discovery. Our resort will offer many amenities so you won’t have to leave for much, but if you want to explore some tempting distractions available outside of class include:
- Professional fishing guides for whale watching or fishing in the Sea of Cortez;
- Trips to Cerralvo Island where Cousteau filmed most episodes of his Emmy award winning “The Undersea World of Jacque Cousteau”; the island is generally off-limits to few without official government permission to land, which we will have. Enjoy swimming in azure waters Cousteau called the “World’s Natural Aquarium”;
- Guided mountain biking or hiking on winding beach and hill trails;
- A natural hot springs where your “hot tub” is dug out of the sand on the beach for the day.
- Kite-surfing or windsurfing lessons from world-class instructors (ONLY possible if the wind blows; April rarely offers dependable wind)
- Visit nearby ancient “Amazonian” tribal ruins
- Motorcycle and jeep trails abound.
- Earth’s largest Cacti is thought here – a massive four-story Pachycereus pringlei, Mexico’s fabled giant elephant cactus.
This seven days are focused on Yoga with Mitra classes; there is a separate 10-day package with fun additional unique memories for you to enjoy. These choices are listed to tempt you to stay and play – with us and Mitra!
If you enjoy giving unique presents – local Mexican artists craft wonderful gifts and treasures. Shopping & dinning in La Paz and Cabo San Lucas are also delightful.
We will be staying at La Ventana’s best resort. You won’t have to leave, and the town is a 15 minute walk away. Additionally, there will be transportation available, both provided to our group as well as for hire – so there is you can make this as fun and adventuresome as you like. Know we intend to make this one of the best Yoga with Mitra retreats ever offered.
Schedule April 2015
Seven days of Yoga; Daily Yoga practice November 7th – 14th, arrive early or stay late for Explorations and Relaxation otherwise. If not, you can plan on a November 15th departure.
- Friday – Travel & Arrival day – Orientation – No class
- MORNING AFTERNOON
- Saturday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Sunday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Monday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Tuesday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Wednesday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… NO class 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Thursday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Friday – 10:30am to 12:00pm ……… 4:00 to 5:30pm
- Saturday, Sunday – fun trips around La Ventana and La Paz
- Monday – Departure back home.